.

.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Six Weeks With Suzi - Day 6

Ok, we made it to Day 6.  Yesterday was a pretty carb heavy day, so today I'll be cutting back just a tad on the carbs.  Remember, carbs are important to a healthy diet, especially healthy carbs from whole wheat.  But, I like to "mix it up" to keep my body guessing and keep the ole' metabolism high. If you "carb up" on one day, try to cut back and focus on healthy protein, dairy and vegetables the next.

DAY 6

Breakfast
1 c Kashi Go Lean Crunch
½ c Skim Milk

Lunch
1 c Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 Boiled Egg

Dinner
4 oz Grilled Hamburger
Salad – Romaine Lettuce; Cabbage; Red, Yellow & Green Bell Pepper; Carrots; Celery; Onion
Dressing – Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar
½ c Whole Wheat Pasta

Snack
Grapefruit


Exercise
15 Minutes Abs
15 Minutes Arms - Lifting with 10 lb Dumbbell Weights
20 Minute Winsor Pilates 20 Minute Workout

Today I don't have time for a full one hour workout before starting work this morning.  I have meetings all day.  So, today I am splitting up my workout.  I'm doing the 30 minutes Abs & Arms workout this morning, and then the Pilates when I get home this evening.  On strength training days, it's ok to split up the exercises to get them all in during the day.  In some ways, exercising in the morning and again in the evening will help boost the metabolism and really stoke your fat burning furnace.  I personally prefer to get the whole hour done at once, first thing in the morning, but as long as you fit it in and make it work with your schedule, it's all good.  However, on cardio days, try to work out for a solid hour as it's important to have that sustained elevated heart-rate.

If you aren't familiar with Pilates, they are a great way to work and strengthen your core and stretch your body.  I like Winsor Pilates.  She does a great job explaining the moves, and has a comprehensive 20 minute workout that is easy to follow and works the entire body in a short period of time.  Follow along on youtube, or buy the DVD...you will love Winsor Pilates!





What do you think about Pilates?


No comments:

Post a Comment