.

.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Six Weeks With Suzi - Day 29

Congratulations!  We've made it through 4 weeks!!  One solid month of taking control of our bodies and our health.  Great job!


It's Weigh In Day... And the results are in... Drum roll please...
-0 lb

Well, yep, you read that right.  Confessions of a dieting blogger -- I cried like a baby this morning.
I berated myself for just looking like a big ole' fool with this blog when I was obviously unable to shed even one measly pound.  

Then I dried my tears, told myself I was being a stupid big baby, pulled up my big girl panties and started planning the next week.  Yes, I am extremely disappointed.  I have been working so hard, and I even reduced my caloric intake this past week.  And yet, not even the slightest budge on the scales.

But, I know my program is working.  I have been wearing clothes I couldn't wear just a month ago, I'm firmer and more toned.  After the disappointing results last week, I started doing some research on that old adage, "Muscle weighs more than fat."  I've truly always thought that was just something people said to make themselves feel better when they weren't losing weight.  In reality, a pound is a pound, period.  But, a pound of muscle has much less mass than a pound of fat.  So, it is possible to be smaller, but weigh more.  Here is a great explanation along with some motivational advice about not getting bogged down worrying about numbers on a scale.  Good advice for me this morning.





DAY 29

Breakfast
1 c Kashi Go Lean Crunch
½ c Greek Yogurt, Vanilla

Lunch
Salad: Romaine Lettuce, Cabbage, Carrots, Orange Bell Pepper
1 oz Salami/Italian Sandwich Mean
1 oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded

Dinner
3 oz Chicken Meatloaf
Fresh Spinach & Pine Nuts sautéed in Olive Oil

Snack
¾ c Low Fat Cottage Cheese


Exercise
Today, let's try something a little different.  I've never really been a fan of video workouts, but they do have their uses.  I'm becoming a little bored with my abs and lifting workouts, and since I'm still avoiding running, these videos are allowing me to "mix it up" a bit.  Today is a combination of cardio and legs & butt.  So, here we go...

Cardio: 25 Minutes Cardio Kickboxing Workout




Legs & Butt: 30 Minutes Booty Boot Camp-Butt & Thigh Workout




What do you think of video workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment