.

.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Six Weeks With Suzi - Day 11

Ok, that was fun, but now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

DAY 11

Breakfast
1 Boiled Egg
½ c Oatmeal, ½ c sugar-free Cashew Milk, 2 T Whey Protein Powder Vanilla Flavor

Lunch
Salad: Romaine Lettuce, Cabbage, Orange Bell Pepper, Onion, Cucumber
Dressing: Olive Oil & Red Wine Vinegar
Small Can Tuna

Dinner
4 oz Roast Chicken
1/2 c Carrots, 1/4 c Celery and 2 Baby Golden Potatoes cooked in chicken broth

Snack
½ Grapefruit


Exercise
Walk/Run 3 ½ Miles

Today I'm going to do the walk/run combo again.  If you are following along, try to lengthen the running bursts and shorten the walking this time.  I found that I finished this exercise on Saturday in about 50 minutes, including stretches.  Since I'm trying to get about an hour of cardio workout, I'm adding another 1/2 mile.  

While you walk/run, try to concentrate on your breathing and your form.

Breathing - I know I said previously that when walking you shouldn't let yourself get so out of breath that you can't carry on a normal conversation.  I know that is what you are supposed to do, but I confess that I sometime push myself further and end up huffing and puffing just a bit.  But, a trick I use is counting my breathing, especially when running.  Try inhaling through the nose to the count of 5, then exhaling through the mouth to the same count, and so on.  Measured breathing will help you keep your heart rate under control, and it gives you something to concentrate on besides the pain in your legs or sides!

Form - Form is very important.  Be sure and stand straight when you walk/run.  Keep your head up and pointed straight ahead, not down at the ground; shoulders back; chest out; tummy and tushy pulled in tight.  

And, don't forget to stretch before and after any exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment