.

.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Six Weeks With Suzi - Results

Congratulations on completing Six Weeks With Suzi!


It's the Final Weigh In Day! ... And the results are in ... Drum roll please ...
-2 lbs

Total Six Week Challenge Weight Loss =
-10 lbs

I am not at all unhappy with these results.  While my initial challenge set 15 pounds as the goal, I'm not going to argue over losing 10 pounds.  My ultimate goal was to get healthy and take control of my body, and I have achieved that goal!  And, I know that I could have lost more pounds if I had gone for a more calorie restrictive diet, also known as starvation diet.  But, I chose to do this the smart and healthy way, with no starving involved.  The problem with starvation diets is that they end...and leave you starving.  As a result, you are more likely to fall back into old habits as soon as the diet ends; gorging on everything you were denied during the diet.  Instead, I've tried to approach this as a "meal plan" instead of a diet.  The items and portions that I have been eating for the last 6 weeks will probably not change even though the challenge is over.  I don't feel drawn to cheat or "pig out" today.  In fact, I woke up planning my food and exercise for the day just like I've done for the past 42 days.  There will definitely be a celebratory cocktail or 2 (or 3...) in my life this weekend, but otherwise I will continue with healthy eating and exercising every day.  I feel confident that these 10 pounds will stay off!

I wish I had taken measurements when I started this challenge, but unfortunately I didn't.
However, there are before and after pictures.  They aren't as drastic as I might have hoped, but I think you can tell the difference.  

                      BEFORE                                                                AFTER
             

            

            

           


I would still like to go for about another 10 pounds next month.  But, for now, I will just keep doing what I've been doing.  Stay tuned for more challenges.
I will also be posting a summary of my exercises as well as recipes from this Six Week Challenge.

Great job and thanks for joining me on this journey!  
How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment