.

.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Belly Blaster Smoothie

As I near the end of my Six Week Challenge, I find that I have really been missing my smoothies.
While I do believe that a diet including nutrient rich smoothies is healthy and can be conducive to weight loss, I have been largely avoiding sugar during this challenge.  However, even with the natural sugar from the fruit and the yogurt, the balance of vitamins, nutrients, protein and fiber make this particular smoothie a good weight loss tool.  Antioxidant rich raspberries and pineapple both aid in digestion and help prevent bloating, spinach and whole oats add fiber, yogurt and whey powder pack a protein punch, the cashew milk and banana give a great sweet flavor, and all together it will keep you full and satisfied for hours.


Belly Blaster

4 oz Fat Free Greek Yogurt, Vanilla
½ c Unsweetened Cashew Milk
1 c Raspberries, frozen
½ c Pineapple, frozen
½ Banana, frozen
1 c Spinach, frozen
2 T Flax Seed, ground fine
½ c Whole Oats, ground fine
2 T Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla flavor

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
(60 g Protein, 10 g Fat, 22 g Fiber)




No comments:

Post a Comment