.

.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Six Weeks With Suzi - Day 42

Congratulations on making it to Day 42!  It's the last official day of this Six Week Challenge!
Let's make this last day really count...


DAY 42

Breakfast
½ c Kashi Go Lean Crunch, ½ c Skim Milk

Lunch
1 Boiled Egg, 1 Boiled Egg White
1 T Fat Free Greek Yogurt, Plain
Onion
2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread

Dinner
4 oz Roast Chicken
1 Carrot, Roasted Whole
Salad: Red Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper

Snack
1 c Sugar-Free Cashew Milk


Exercise
Warm Up:  10 Minutes JC Leg Cranks
Abs:  30 Minutes Ab-Work
Arms & Legs:  45 Minutes Lifting w/10 lb Dumbbell Weights
Cardio Finish:  5 Minutes JC Leg Cranks

Yes, I'm upping the workout from one hour to 90 minutes today. Let's make the most of this 42nd day!  Feel how strong your body has become as you push it just a little farther today.  

Let's talk about exercising and staying fit over 40.  I can tell you right now that it is NOT for the squeamish.  When I was in my 20's, even 30's, working out hard would result in sore muscles, but the pain went away quickly leaving only results.  At age 48, these old muscles and bones just don't behave the same way anymore.  They continue to hurt long after the workout ends, constantly reminding me that I'm an old woman and trying to convince me that I'm too old for this shit.  But, every day I laugh at this old body's complaints and make it work hard whether it wants to or not; and I try to ignore:

1) the pinch in my knees
2) the ache in my lower back
3) the shoulder that hurts every time I reach behind me
4) the stiff hips
5) that annoying decades old groin pull always threatening to act up
...and I could probably go on and on with my list of aches and pains.

But, this aging body has taken good care of me so far, and since it's the only one I'm going to get as far as I know, isn't it only fair to take good care of it and keep it strong and healthy?  Even when it complains, I know what is best for it!  So, suck it up, ignore those aches and pains (unless they get too bad - be careful of "working through the pain" - if it feels "wrong" STOP.)
So, get out there and make this a great day!

What are your thoughts on exercising as you get older?



No comments:

Post a Comment