.

.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Six Weeks With Suzi - Day 40

Happy Cinco de Mayo! ... AKA: "Happy Day We Celebrate Mexican Food & Margaritas!"
Today is one of my favorite holidays, but I will refrain from the celebration.  Unfortunately, Mexican food and margaritas are NOT on my program.  I strongly contemplated cheating today.  Strongly contemplated.  But, no cheating today.  I am only days away from the end of this Six Week Challenge and really want to make this last week count.  There will be margaritas next year... hell, there might be margaritas next week, but not today!  When I roll up that chicken wrap for lunch today, I'll sprinkle on some hot sauce and pretend it's a burrito!  
Let's make the most of these last few days and shoot for happy and positive results on Friday.



DAY 40

Breakfast
Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Lunch
3 oz Chicken Breast, Grilled
Romaine Lettuce, Spinach, Cabbage, Onion
1 T Fat Free Greek Yogurt, Plain
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla Wrap

Dinner
10-12 Med. Shrimp, sautéed in Olive Oil
Red Bell Pepper
Greens: Romaine Lettuce, Red Leaf Lettuce, Spinach, Celery Leaves
¼ c Quinoa


Snack
1 Grapefruit





Exercise
Abs: 30 Minutes Ab Videos (3)
Arms: 30 Minutes Lifting w/10 lb Dumbbell Weights

As I near the end of this 6 Week Challenge, I am also getting ready for my annual girl's vacation, DIVA Fest, next week.  Since I will be mostly living in a swimsuit all next week, this week I will be concentrating on working my ABS.  Yes, I will be the first to remind you that you cannot "spot reduce" by exercising one area more than another; and, I'll be the first to remind you that great abs start in the kitchen, not the gym.  It is possible to have strong and toned abdominal muscles that are buried deep under a layer of fat. But, as that fat starts to melt off, voilàthere they are!  So, as I work toward those last few pounds this week, I will also be working extra hard on those elusive abs; hoping that by next week just a little more of that fat layer will be missing and I won't have to work quite so hard sucking in my stomach while I lay next to my super-model niece at the pool!

So, today, let's work those ABS!








What is your favorite Abs workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment