.

.

Friday, March 27, 2015

Six Weeks With Suzi

The time has come.  Actually, the time came and went and I just let it go... but now, 15+ pounds and a bikini meltdown later, the time has slapped me in the face and declared, "I am HERE!"
I am making a commitment right here, for all the world to see (or at least all of Suzi's World to see...)
15 pounds in 6 weeks.

If you are interested in following my progress, or better yet, joining me in my commitment, I will be posting my diet and exercise program every day for the next 42 days.  I will also weigh in every Friday and will post my progress.  While this will be a bit of a crash course because I want results within a certain time frame, this is not a starvation diet.  Eating 3 healthy meals a day and exercising every day are important to keep metabolism up, maintain high energy levels and keep your body functioning at maximum efficiency.  It's not about being hungry, it's all about keeping the fat burning furnace (your body) burning.

Without a concrete goal, it's too easy for me to make excuses and rationalize away snacking on Doritos.  Setting a goal and keeping myself "honest" by posting it all here will help me ward off the call of the 'Ito's.

Smoothies won't be part of the first 2 weeks, because I'm trying for a bit of a sugar de-tox to kick start the weight loss so fruit won't be on the menu at first.  I'll start adding fruit and smoothies back into the diet after a few weeks.

So, let's get started!  Here we go...


DAY 1

Breakfast
1 egg, 2 egg whites – scrambled w/light PAM
½ c Oatmeal made with 1 c sugar-free Cashew Milk

Lunch
Salad – Romaine Lettuce, Cabbage, Red Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper, Celery, Carrots
Dressing – Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar
Small can Tuna

Dinner
4 oz Grilled Chicken, rubbed with spices
Fresh Spinach sautéed with Red Bell Pepper and Pine Nuts in Olive Oil
½ c Whole Wheat Pasta

Late Night Snack
¾ c Low Fat Cottage Cheese


Exercise
Walk 3 Miles carrying 1 pound hand weights


Lets's do this!  Please share any ideas and tips you have to help me meet my goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment