.

.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Six Weeks With Suzi - Day 2

Well, I made it through day 1.  I did have to use a little bit of will power to resist snacking last night while watching "12 Monkeys" but I did it!  Had my little bit of cottage cheese for a late night snack and was perfectly satisfied.  I got this.


DAY 2

Breakfast
1 c Kashi Go Lean Crunch
½ c  Skim Milk

Lunch
Whole Wheat Tortilla Wrap
4 oz Grilled Chicken, sliced
Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, Yellow & Red Bell Pepper, Onion
Dressing – Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar

Dinner
10-12 med Shrimp sautéed in Olive Oil
Broccoli
½ c Whole Wheat Pasta

Snack
Fat Free Greek Yogurt


Exercise
Warm Up: 5 Minutes Burpees
Abs:  15 Minutes Ab-Work
Arms & Legs:  30 Minutes Lifting with 10 lb Dumbbell Weights
Cardio Finish:  10 Minutes Burpees

Let's talk about exercise.  
I alternate full cardio with lifting and ab-work.  Every other day, walk, run, bike, swim or do something to get your heart-rate up for at least an hour.  Then, on the alternating days, work abs and arms, with some leg work thrown in for good measure.  Strength training actually boosts the metabolism even more than aerobic activity, and keeps it boosted for a longer period of time.  When you run a couple of miles in the morning, you get your heart-rate and metabolism up for the duration of the workout and a short time afterwards.  When you lift weights in the morning, your heart-rate and metabolism are boosted for the rest of the day...which translates into your fat burning furnace being stoked up all day long.  Sometimes, I even like to lift weights, THEN go for a walk/run just to get the added benefit of a fully boosted up metabolism.  If nothing else, try to end your lifting workouts with at least 10 minutes of cardio.  Burpees are great for that.  I love burpees!

For the weight training exercises, I like the workout section from the "Abs Diet" book by David Zinczenko.  I don't follow it exactly, but it's a good guideline for abs and lifting exercises. 

Be sure to stretch before and after any and all exercise.  


I would love to hear about your exercise routine!  


No comments:

Post a Comment