.

.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Choppin' Broccoli


One of the things I love most about smoothies is how flexible they are. There aren't any real rules and I can be creative...and use up left-overs. The other night I had cooked too much broccoli for dinner, so it went into tupperware and the refrigerator.  Next day, I went looking for smoothie ingredients, and there it was.  


This is definitely not the prettiest one I've ever made!  But, it was delicious and kept me full for hours.

Choppin' Broccoli

6 oz Greek Yogurt, Vanilla Flavor
1 c Broccoli, chopped
1 c Spinach, chopped and frozen
1 c Blackberries, frozen
1 Banana, frozen
2 T Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla Flavor
2 T Flax Seed, ground
1 c Apple Juice, not from concentrate



Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
56 g Protein, 8 g Fat, 10 g Fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment