.

.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Show Me The Green


Just recently, I discovered the joy of green smoothies.  I had a big bag of kale left over from New Year's Day and decided to throw a handful into my banana/berry smoothie one morning, and the results were amazing.  I am now hooked on green smoothies!

Kale-Banana-Berry Smoothie

1 c. Blueberry Yogurt
1 frozen Banana
1 c. Frozen Berries
2 c. shredded Kale
¼ c. Orange Juice
1 T. Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla Flavor

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
My first attempt at green smoothies, and I was making due with what I found in the 'fridge...Not the prettiest, but surprisingly yummy.
(32 g Protein, 0 g Fat, 12 g Fiber)



Green Goddess Smoothie


2 c. shredded kale
½ c. chopped peeled and seeded cucumber
1 c. honeydew melon chunks
½ c. honeydew melon juice
½ c. frozen mango chunks
6 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
This one was beautiful and delish!
(21 g Protein, 0 Fat, 7 g Fiber)

No comments:

Post a Comment